Television Service Terms and Conditions
Our Television Service terms and conditions are listed below. Please review and contact us for any questions you may have. By activating this Service, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
Version 1.0, updated July 18, 2013
- In order to help protect our subscribers and ensure that we can continue to provide a fast and highly-reliable network we set out below the acceptable use of our services, the rights and responsibilities of our subscribers as well as the terms of our service.
- All the services we provide are “as is” without any warranties or conditions of any kind other than as expressly provided for herein. While we strive for perfection and typically maintain 99.99% or better network availability, we do not guarantee that our services will be uninterrupted or available at all times. We are also not liable for any harm, damages, and expenses, loss of profits or opportunities that are caused through the use or reliance on our services, regardless of cause.
- Our promotion offerings begin on receipt of our services by a new customer. After the promotional period ends the customer will be billed for the the regular rate per month until further notice. The promotions are available for a limited time only and may be changed or terminated at our discretion. Such termination will not affect our customers’ entitlement to the promotion for the specified period.
- You will abide by all applicable laws and agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all liabilities and expenses related to any violation of this agreement. In no case will we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of any subscriber or other individual that accesses our services.
- You may not do any of the following:
– Access information for which you are not authorized;
– Distribute copyrighted material for which you are not authorized; – Use our services in any way that would negatively affect our goodwill;
– Abuse or fraudulently use our service in any way.
- You must (a) have and use TV equipment currently supported by Coextro; (b) always meet the minimum requirements established by Coextro including type and condition of equipment; and (c) subscribe to and maintain your subscription to a Coextro internet service package compatible with the service and approved by Coextro. Coextro cannot guarantee that the service will be compatible with all system configurations. You are responsible for all access to all required systems and equipment, including the Coextro equipment and maintenance of security and privacy and all other risks involved in connection therewith.
- You shall not:
– Use the service for anything other than your own personal use. You may not resell or remarket the service, receive any charge or benefit for the use of the service, or share or transfer the service or any content delivered to you by Coextro;
– Use the service or permit it to be used for a purpose or in a manner that is contrary to law, for any illegal or abusive purpose, including criminal offences, intellectual property infringement or interference with network operation, Coextro facilities or assets;
– Use the service or permit it to be used so as to prevent a fair and proportionate use by others;
– Re-arrange, disconnect, remove, repair, modify or otherwise interfere with the service, Coextro equipment or Coextro facilities;
– Attempt to receive the service without paying the applicable fees and charges;
– Use the service in a manner which bypasses, or attempts to bypass, Coextro’s network;
– Adapt, translate, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise interfere with or defeat any software, applications or programs used in connection with the service; or
-Modify, alter, or deface any of the trademarks, service marks, or other intellectual property made available through the service nor use any of the foregoing except for the purpose for which such intellectual property is made available to you through the service
- The Coextro equipment contains software that is under license to or owned by Coextro. Your license to use this software is limited to receiving and viewing the service authorized by Coextro only. If Coextro has reasonable grounds to believe that you are receiving unauthorized services or using the software for any other unauthorized purpose, it reserves the right to modify or disable the software in the Coextro equipment or to otherwise disable the Coextro equipment.
- If the software is disabled or modified, the Coextro equipment may not function properly. You may not modify, test, reverse engineer, decompile, tamper or access this software for any reason whatsoever. Receiving signals without authorization, including the purpose of sharing or “testing”, is theft and may result in criminal charges or a civil suit being brought against you.
- Coextro reserves the right, from time to time, to update or upgrade the software in the Coextro equipment to ensure that the Coextro equipment will remain compatible with and function properly with any technological advances or improvements made to the services. In certain circumstances, it may be necessary to modify or remove some software features to introduce new features and to ensure the Coextro equipment remains compatible with such technological advances or improvements.
- Coextro may transfer or assign all or part of its rights under these terms including any rights in accounts receivable at any time without prior notice or consent, but you may not assign or transfer your rights under these terms, its account or any rights to the service without Coextro’s prior written consent.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, your use of the service represents evidence that you accept and agree with the terms and conditions set out herein. Coextro is not responsible for failing to meet obligations due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including all force majeure events, including any work stoppage, labour disputes, strikes and acts of God and/ or nature.
- The word “including” means including without limitation. Coextro is entitled to and does rely upon the authority of the person holding itself out or acting as our customer or an authorized representative of our customer and agreeing to and/or accepting these terms and conditions and purchasing the service.
- We reserve the right to modify this agreement upon reasonable notice to you. Your continued use of our services following the notice is your acceptance of such modifications.
- This agreement shall be interpreted and governed under the laws of Ontario, Canada.
- You may contact Coextro to terminate your subscription to and use of the service at anytime subject to any express agreement to the contrary.
- Cancellation of service within 60 days of the activation date or start of service, voids any promotional or special offers.
- Coextro may terminate any or all of your Services at any time by notifiying you at your billing address.